1.11.2009

Me Time

After a very challenging day with my daughter yesterday, Hubby decided to give me a break today and take her to visit her Baba (Serbian for Grandma) without me. I planned on getting a lot of sewing done today to start building inventory for a new etsy shop, since I am having to close Babytopia. The new shop will focus on bags, pouches and accessories to begin, and hopefully branch out to other crafts later on.

I decided that my first project for the day would be a vinyl lined cosmetic bag. With the mere thought of sewing with vinyl, the rest of my sewing projects for the day flew out the window! It was definitely not the easiest material to work with. After much grumbling and many ripped out seams, I ended up with a cute little bag that I am decently proud of. It has a few flaws, since I made it up as I went (I detest working with patterns) but it will work just fine to replace my dingy old cosmetic bag that I've been meaning to replace for quite a while.



So, what do you think? How did I do for my first try?



P.S. If you like what you see here, I'd love it if you'd share!

2 comments:

Cori said...

It turned out GREAT! I have a huge fear of zippers, so it looks perfect to me. :)

Rhyah-- said...

Thank you! I was afraid of zippers once too, but they're not so bad now that I've done a few. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails