10.04.2009

Ring Sling

I finally got around to making a ring sling for my little guy in between other projects. I'd been sporadically using a home made moby wrap, but wanted something that was quicker to put on and adjust. I found a a really great tutorial here and used the hot dog fold. For fabric I used a beautiful European Linen in Robins Egg Blue from fabric.com. Doesn't he look so sweet all snuggled up?

I really like the ring sling for ease of use and adjustment, but it hurts my shoulder after a while, so I still favor my moby wrap. Now I just need to learn to nurse while baby wearing and we'll be unstoppable! :)




P.S. If you like what you see here, I'd love it if you'd share!

8 comments:

Trudy said...

He looks so comfy all snuggled up next to you. How sweet.

Amie McCracken said...

He is so cute!

Karen said...

The sling looks great and omg, ur baby is beautiful!

Cori said...

I love my ring sling and my Moby too. The ring sling is definitely quicker to get on, but I've noticed over time, the fabric seems to slip through the rings more and I'm constantly having to readjust. The Moby I love, but it does take longer to get on and get situated. :)

Rhyah-- said...

Cori - Yeah, you just can't beat the comfort of the Moby. I walked around the zoo all day wearing mine without a single ache. Only problem is, I haven't figured out how to nurse in it yet, so I kept having to take it off and put it back on, lol!

Rhyah-- said...

Karen - Thank you! :) I've been waiting to run into you at HF. Loving that place! :)

Jessica said...

I stumbled upon this blog post while googling ring sling and have to say, that is the most gorgeous handmade ring sling I have ever seen (and one of the most beautiful period!)! Kudos!!

n*stitches said...

that looks great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails