11.18.2009

Burning Both Ends of the Candle

I had no idea how much having another child would change things around here. We're 4 months into our expanded family, and I'm starting to feel out of control. I forgot how high maintenance little people can be! How naive of me to think that I could continue life the way it was before my son was born, no less start a new business venture and try to nurture my neglected social life.

I fear that I've piled a bit too much on my plate and until now I have just tried to keep on keepin' on. I've been getting further and further behind (and increasingly stressed) in attempt to be super woman. Today was the straw that broke the camels back and made me realize that something has to give.

After working for hours just trying to get both of my children fed and asleep at the same time, I finally sat down to sew up a coffee cozy that needed to be shipped today. I was feeling great, thinking that I was going to be able to pull off "doing it all" today only to realize that I had sewn the cozy backwards and would need to start completely over. I took a break to re-group just in time for my daughter to wake up from her nap. Sewing is not an option when she's awake, so the cozy will have to wait until my hubby comes home and possibly until after the rest of the house is sleeping tonight.

In the midst of trying to run a business, promote, blog, be social and prepare for the holidays, some very important things have been neglected. My house is in shambles, my nerves are fried and my family (including myself) hasn't been getting the attention they deserve.

So, if I'm not around quite as often, I'm hoping you will all understand that I'll be taking a little breather in attempt to gain some balance my life. I'm really hoping you'll stick with me until I find my rhythm. I plan to return with some fresh tutorials and finished projects.



P.S. If you like what you see here, I'd love it if you'd share!

7 comments:

Micky - Handmade Expo said...

Oh, you poor thing, I certainly know what you are going through and we completely understand... don't we girls.. so take as much time as you need and we will be here girlfriend when you get back.

Take care..

Micky
xxoo

Unknown said...

I totally understand, honey. Take care of yourself and that precious family--we'll all be around when you come back.

Get some you time--you deserve it, sweetie!

Trudy said...

I totally understand. I know how hard it can be. I have five children, with my youngest being 20 months. It is very difficult for me to find balance or any time for myself or to sew. You are on my blog list; and the way I have it arranged, whoever has posted most recently, moves to the top. So I will know when you post again, and I will come. So take all the time you need. It's important to take care of yourself, your family and to try to find some kind of balance.

Karen said...

My favorite saying about having kids.....One kid is a hobby, two kids is a job! Hang in there, supermom!

Cori said...

Ugh, I could have written this post. 3 children all under the age of 5 and I'm up sewing in the wee hours of the night. I feel ya!

Trish said...

I have trouble finding time to blog between my job, my family and friends--don't blame you for needing some time off with all of the things you've been juggling. Hang in there--and get some rest if you possibly can. We'll be here when you're ready to come back.

Rhyah-- said...

Thank you all so much for your support and understanding! I've been going crazy working on handmade gifts. I hope to be posting some of them soon. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails