5.24.2010

Freshly Sliced

I've decided that I have three loves in life (besides my hubby and children): Sewing/Crafting, Baking and Gardening. The weather in these parts, a suburb of Chicago, has improved drastically lately, so I have been spending much of my days planting, digging and pruning. Life. is. good. I did take a break on one of the less desirable days to do some long awaited baking, though.

I've been wanting to try my hand at making my own bread for a few years now, and since it's on my thirty before thirty list, I finally decided to make it happen. Thanks to Sarah over at Come and See the Seitz I had the perfect recipe to start with.


My bread turned out a bit different than hers, but it was still very tasty. It was very dense with great flavor and a nice thick crust. It was great for a beginner too, since there are only 4 ingredients and no kneading is required. So, if you're thinking about trying your hand at making home made bread, I highly recommend trying this recipe. You won't be disappointed.



P.S. If you like what you see here, I'd love it if you'd share!

1 comment:

Sarah Seitz said...

I'm so glad you tried it!!! Just getting caught up with my Reader and saw you gave me a shout out, thanks Rhyah! Definitely try again, mine gets better each time!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails