7.29.2010

Stawberries and Lavender

Well, not together, but they're both on my thirty before thirty list.

I scored a bunch of strawberry plants from a very generous free-cycler this spring and now that they're healthy and lush I thought I would share a few photos.



I think my main motivation for wanting to grow strawberries was to try my hand at making freezer jam. It just sounds so delicious! Unfortunately we won't be harvesting any strawberries this year,  but I'm hoping for a plentiful crop next year!

Another thing I've always wanted to grow is lavender. The heavenly scent of those beautiful purple flowers sucks me in every time. I can't help but stop and take a whiff every time I pass them- even the foliage smells wonderful!


And as long as we're on the topic of gardening, I thought I would share a few photos of some of the veggies that we planted this year. We've been enjoying a lot of fresh salads this summer with tender leaf lettuce, fresh tomatoes right off the vine and giant cucumbers. Yum!


I hope your summer is going well. What simple pleasures have you been indulging yourself in?



P.S. If you like what you see here, I'd love it if you'd share!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails