10.24.2008

My New Toy

I've been looking for a serger on craigslist for quite some time. I didn't want to buy one new 1) because I'm short on cash and 2) I've never used one and didn't want to break the bank on a starter machine. So I found this beauty on craigslist for $50! I bought it from a sewing machine repair man, so it was just serviced and *should* run like new. I say *should* because I haven't had the guts to start her up yet. I'm just a tad intimidated by all of the spools of thread, needles and threading sequence. I'll probably wait to tinker with her until after, yep you guessed it, the craft show! Hopefully then I will have a little more time on my hands. 

This purchase was a double bonus though, as after chatting with the seller for a bit, I discovered that he may be interested in trading me an embroidery machine for my 110 gal fish tank! What a happy day that would be! 





P.S. If you like what you see here, I'd love it if you'd share!

1 comment:

Cori said...

Congrats on the serger! My dad got a serger and I've used it a few times. They are really intimidating at first and I still prefer my sewing machine.
Have fun playing with it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails