12.02.2008

Six Quirky Things

Weeeeee! I've been tagged by Monica over at Bolsa Chica to list 6 quirky things about myself. I originally thought that I would have a hard time coming up with a list, since I typically consider myself pretty boring, but as I got to thinking about it I actually came up with more than six! Here are the ones that made the final cut:

1. While sitting on the floor or on the couch with my feet touching the floor I am often found with my second toe on each foot tucked under and all of the rest "acting normally." It always happens unconsciously when I'm concentrating on something. What's even more quirky is that if I actually try to do it it takes me a while to replicate the mindless act!

2. I was on the boys wrestling team in high school. Not much to say about this one. It is what it is. I wanted to play a winter sport but didn't like basketball or cheer leading and wrestling was the only one left. I wasn't one of those girls trying to make a statement either - I told my coach to treat me like one of the guys. I also didn't just sit on the sidelines at meets. I actually got to wrestle in competitions. I never actually won, but that wasn't the point.

3. I once dyed my hair purple. Of course, I have dark hair so it didn't quite turn out the way that I had hoped and ended up looking more gray than anything else.

4. I used to have at least 6 piercings that I can remember. A far cry from who I am now - the only things pierced are my ears and the only thing I wear are simple diamond studs.

5. I had an aquarium full of toads as pets when I was little and spent my summers hunting for bugs to feed them. You can say I was a bit of a tom boy - again, a far cry from who I am today.

6. I've raised dozens of wild birds from helpless, featherless little creatures to full grown adults that were eventually released into the wild. I have many, many fond memories of calling them out of the trees by name to feed them until they learned how to hunt for their own food. I hope I can teach my daughter to be a compassionate animal lover when she gets older too. :)



P.S. If you like what you see here, I'd love it if you'd share!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails