8.25.2009

Little Embroidered Camera

There are so many beautiful embroidered things on etsy and other craft sites, it's really gotten my creative juices flowing. I've been wanting to try hand embroidery for quite some time, and finally mustered up the guts to give it a go.


I decided to embroider a simplified camera for my first project since I've taken a huge liking to photography lately and even recently won a photo contest. I had my hubby sketch this cute little camera for me and got to work on my newly purchased European linen from fabric.com.

While it's most certainly not perfect, I'm really happy with the way it turned out, especially for being my first try. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my little camera, but I'm thinking it might make a pretty cute coffee cozy, no?



P.S. If you like what you see here, I'd love it if you'd share!

2 comments:

luke and pamela said...

hi! i have been following your blog lately - loving all of your creativity! this is so great - creative and cool. :) i want to learn how to embroider!

Rita said...

Coffee and cameras, I can't imagine a better mix! That is adorable and I want to do one myself. I wish I had more time to sew... I need to make the time! Rita

Related Posts with Thumbnails