6.28.2010

Happy Birthday Kainen!

One year ago today, after a very easy labor and near perfect homebirth, we welcomed our sweet little guy into the world. My heart doubled in size that day. Happy Birthday, Kainen Alexandar! You're such a blessing in our life!


To celebrate his first year, we threw a party in true Darning Diva form with a custom shirt, coordinating decorations and a homemade cake. Here are a few shots from his party:


I appliqued his shirt with rib knit to match the party decorations


A toy dump truck filled will tool shaped cookies to give to the kids as favors. We applied masking tape to our table to make them look like roads and finished them off with orange cones.  :)


I purchased printable decorations from Dimple Prints - Seriously, instant party!


And of course, what would a party be without balloons? 
Please ignore the tinfoil on the backs of the couches. 
We use it to keep the cat from smooshing the cusions. :)


Of course, You can't have a birthday party without cake! 
This one was quite time consuming to make, but I love the way it turned out! 


I think he liked it!

Gosh, I can't believe it's been a year already. Time sure does fly when you're having fun!  It may be time to start thinking about having another little bundle. Maybe. :)





P.S. If you like what you see here, I'd love it if you'd share!

1 comment:

Karen said...

OH! Happy Birthday sweet boy....thank you so much for allowing me to be part of your beautiful birth! And mommy's right....time to start another baby!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails