8.13.2010

T Shirt to Shirred Dress

Gosh, I feel like it's been ages since I've posted a sewing project. I think I lost my mojo for a bit, but I think it's making a come back. More on that later though.

I recently came across this tutorial from Obsessively Stitching and knew right away what I would do. I have a few tee shirts from my pre-baby days that I have no business wearing anymore, so I turned one of them into a dress. I'm not convinced that it's really long enough to be a dress, so I might have to add some lace trim at the bottom or something, but I'm really loving the way it turned out so far!




I think the whole thing took me about ten minutes, and the hardest part was winding the bobbin! That's my kind of project! Especially with two little ones under foot.

Anyway, apologies for the headless model. My daughter has severe reactions to mosquito bites and the poor thing looks like she has mumps right now her face is so swollen - from one measly mosquito. :(

On a brighter note, I hope you're all staying cool and enjoying your summer! Have a great weekend!



P.S. If you like what you see here, I'd love it if you'd share!

2 comments:

Trudy said...

That is so darling.

Trudy
www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

That looks comfy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails