8.24.2010

Toddler Backpack


From the first time I saw Made by Rae's Toddler Backpack, I knew I would make it for my daughter when she started school. I finished it up yesterday, just in time, as her first day of preschool is today. It'll have to wait to be broken in though, since she'll be missing her first day due to a nasty virus that has taken over our house. I'm not bitter though.

Anyway, if you have a little one entering preschool this year and would like to try your hand at making a special backpack for him/her, I definitely recommend trying her pattern. It was very easy to follow and I just adore the outcome. I don't have photos of my daughter wearing it yet but will be sure to share once she's over this cold and can make a fashionably late entrance.

I used corduroy (the floral) and twill (the green) and interfaced both. I used a lightweight interfacing and wish it was just a tad sturdier but it'll work just fine.


It's hard to tell, but the entire floral portion on the front is a slip pocket. This is not included in the pattern, but very easy to add. 


I also added an elasticized side pocket to hold a sippy cup. Also not in the pattern, but very easy to add. I'd be happy to write up a tutorial if there is enough interest.  


I love the way the bright green contrasts with the pinks and maroons. I must be really partial to this color combination because these are the same colors I used in her bedroom! :)



P.S. If you like what you see here, I'd love it if you'd share!

3 comments:

Shana Putnam said...

I love it! Love the fabrics and the additions you made are awesome.

Unknown said...

Your daughter is very blessed to have such a creative Mom! The sippy cup spot is great.

Ange said...

I love it! I'd be in on the tutorial!

:o)

Related Posts with Thumbnails